St.Gregorios church, Mannarkunnu had a humble origin in the third decade of the twentieth century. The foundation stone of the Church was laid on 1st May 1924 on a piece of land donated to the Athirampuzha Church by the Chakalakal family. A small church was built there in 1930. During this period Rev.Fr.Kullamkulathil Devasia was the vicar of Athirampuzha. Rev.Fr.Kalluparambil Gregorios who served as the assistant vicar was instrumental in consecrating the relics of St.Gregorios at the church altar.
A palm frond shed was later built before the church and Sunday school, catechism classes begin there in 1931.After a few years this old shed was dismantled and a new tile roofed shed with stone pillars was built. In 1959 a rectory/presbytery with two rooms was constructed. Rev.Fr.Jose Nilathumukil took charge as the first vicar of this church on 16th September 1971.
Vicars at a glance along with the date of their taking charge in the parish.
- Fr. Thomas Puthiyadom (16.05.1973)
- Fr. Potananiyil (16.04.1974)
- Fr. Thomas Kalliduckil (08.09.1975)
- Fr. Luke Pediackal (27.04.1976)
- Fr. Sebastian Kannanthanam (21.06.1977)
- Fr. George Vangipurackal (01.01.1979)
- Fr. Thomas Thekekara (08.05.1979)
- Fr. Cyriac Kottayarikal (24.05.1979)
- Fr. Joseph Palakunnel (15.10.1982)
- Fr. Thomas Maliyil (1984)
- Fr. Thomas Kollapalil (1984)
- Fr. Mathew Puthenpura (15.06.1985)
- Fr. Mathew Mullasserry
- Fr. Mathew Kalathil
- Fr. Alex Parappuram
- Fr. Thomas Parathara
- Fr. Chacko Ottalankal MSFS
- Fr. Alex Palamattom
- Fr. George Nuzhaithadom (22.02.2010)
- Fr. Scaria Choorapuzha (present vicar)